Discovering the Guiding Stories of Your Past—
Creating a Vision for Your Future
1. How did you arrive at the concept of psychotherapy as a way for an individual to shift the way they construct reality?
2. What is “personal” about personal mythology, and how does it relate to common global mythologies shared by millions of people?
3. Give us an example from your book Personal Mythology of a client who uses personal mythology to produce dramatic positive change.
4. Which experiences in my everyday life provide me with clues about what my unconcious personal myths truly are?
5. Once I identify my personal myths, am I stuck with them forever?
6. In the book Personal Mythology, you describe the five stages of personal myth-making. Please give us a description of what happens at each of the five stages.
7. What kinds of life events tend to precipitate a change in personal mythology?
8. I don’t have a lot of time … Will this work presented in this book fit into my busy life?
9. Why did you decide to publish a third edition of Personal Mythology? What is new about this version?
10. What was your personal reaction as a clinical psychologist when you first saw Energy Psychology techniques in action?
11. How has the profession of psychology reacted to the arrival of Energy Psychology?
12. How do you see Energy Psychology changing the world in the future?